Content movement tools that allow organizations to more effectively manage their data are now our most popular products. Replicator is our fastest growing product that continues to be adopted by companies and government entities in globally distributed environments. This unique product was first developed in 2001 based on the requirements of an Australian engineering company and continues to be the most complete replication solution for Livelink in the world.
Our other Livelink content management products have been used across various industries and government organizations to manage data related to Livelink. These tools are primarily used to move data in and out of Livelink. A growing trend we have seen is the need to move data out of Livelink for use in other applications. Organizations also use our Export tool to do complex data manipulation outside of Livelink and then put the modified data back into Livelink using our Import tool. Tools like SendLinks and Live-Mail provide alternative interface options that meet unique requirements of some organizations.
Document Management Modules
- Replicator - Take Content Server one step further with Replicator by intelligently distributing information in such a way that users on the global network have faster access to the most up-to-date version of documents. Replicator works in low bandwidth environments which mean lower overall infrastructure cost.
- Centera® Storage Connector for Content Server - Syntergy has partnered with EMC to create a product that stores Content Server content in Centera® in a fully transparent way. It provides for migration of inactive Content Server content to Centera® For customers with terabytes of content this provides simple, cost effective storage.
- Bulk Loader - Load information quickly and accurately or allow for scheduled imports or administrator operated functions.
- Content Mover - Assists with moving documents and gathering the required category and attribute information associated with the document quickly, accurately and inexpensively. With Content Mover you can selectively populate a new Content Server Instance with items from an existing Content Server Instance.
- SendLink - SendLink enables users to include internal and external document view links as well as internal and external download links via email with personalized messages for each type of link. Access to SendLinks is through the Content Server object function menu.
- Bulk Exporter - Bulk Exporter provides the capability to extract Content Server content and metadata to hierarchical or flat directory structures. Extracted data can then be imported into other systems or modified and reloaded into Livelink with the Bulk Loader tool.
- Live-Mail - Save e-mails and attachments as Content Server documents. All corporate e-mail knowledge can be indexed and searched in Content Server Live-Mail connects your favorite e-mail program with your knowledge management system. Users can archive information, search and retrieve corporate knowledge, participate in discussion threads and respond to workflow steps via e-mail.
Tips and Tricks
Current Tips and Tricks for Content Server can be found here.