Livelink workflow continues to be widely popular with our customers as they see excellent return on investment with their projects. As capable as workflow is, there is still a need for additional capability such as enhanced email capability, advanced forms functionality and the ability to escalate steps that are late. To meet these needs and other advanced requirements Syntergy developed Workflow Steps and Workflow Escalation several years ago. As more and more organizations use these tools and provide feedback the functionality continues to grow to the point where they are now a standard requirement for organizations that implement workflow.
As workflows become more complex Workflow Map Printer becomes a must for organizations to manage and maintain their projects. This cost effective tool is the only one in the world that we know of that allows workflow designers to view and print entire workflow maps. These complete maps are a must when reviewing and modifying complex implementations.
Syntergy has been implementing workflow for many years and can provide products to enhance the out of box experience.
- Workflow Steps - Adds dynamic functionality to make Content Server Workflow much more effective. This set of additional workflow steps can reduce the number of steps that require manual processing; like someone manually filling out a form, printing out or e-mailing a document and waiting for a response. It is easier for users to learn and use, thus saving time and money for the organization.
- Live-Mail - Expands workflow so casual users can participate in workflows via e-mail. Allows users to receive workflow steps, attachments and information required to perform the work and the user can reply back in e-mail with the disposition and any attachments.
- Workflow Map Printer - Allows users to generate a JPEG image of a Content Server Workflow Map. Great for facilitating workflow process design, reviews and documentation. Simply navigate to the workflow map to print, select where to save the image in Content Server and then have the module generate the JPEG image.
- Workflow Escalation - Systematically manage workflow tasks that are not completed within the assigned due date. Create workflows that can be automatically processed based on the escalation criteria that you define.
- In Box Proxy - In-Box Proxy supports advanced proxy scheduling (proxies can be set-up days, weeks or months in advance) for planned absences such as vacations, conventions, jury duty, etc. This cost effective tool has more functionality than the standard Livelink proxy including the ability to have multiple proxies with overlapping or concurrent access to the original assignee's work.
Tips and Tricks
Current Tips and Tricks for Content Server can be found here.