Syntergy has extensive experience consolidating Livelink systems. The most common scenario is when organizations have decided to move one or more instances of Livelink into a single instance. In one case a large aerospace company used our products and services to move twenty plus instances of Livelink into one massive instance. By using our Content Mover application, source and target instances were allowed to remain in operation while the consolidation was in process.
Syntergy has expert analysts with extensive experience in all phases of consolidations, migrations and segregations. Our analysts use a proven successful approach to manage the data movement. Our approach consists of the following basic steps:
- Understand the structure of the source and target instances
- Develop migration strategies for moving content from the source instance to the target instance
- Run test migrations on a small subset of data and analyze the results for completeness
- Update migration strategies based on previous testing and analysis.
- Rerun tests until results are complete
- Run full migration with careful monitoring of data to insure accuracy
- Validate full migration
- Address any issues that may arise after final validation
The key to any successful Livelink consolidation is to have the right tools for the job (Content Mover, Bulk Loader, Exporter,Replicator), experienced analysts that have successfully completed consolidations of all sizes and a proven successful approach that can identify issues during the consolidation, not after. Syntergy will provide these keys to success. We will happily provide references from many satisfied customers.